We provide trauma training, consultation, and other related professional services to teachers, administrators, and professionals in schools and other organizations dedicated to serving children. We aim to provide every trainee with an understanding of trauma–what it is, how it manifests, how it influences behavior and the brain, and how it can be addressed–in order to create a supportive environment in which children can thrive. All types of businesses and organizations can benefit from trauma training, and we always tailor our curriculum to meet the specific needs of the populations served.
Our goal is to provide theory and strategies that will help on a practical level. Our training series addresses the following:
- how to identify trauma
- how to respond to trauma
- practice with responsive strategies
- the neurobiology of trauma
- de-escalating tense, threatening or dangerous situations
- restoring relationships
- trauma-informed self-care and vicarious trauma
- mindfulness, stress management, and relaxation
- an overview of the wraparound philosophy
- consultation arrangements
Our training series includes the following sessions:
- Trauma 101 and 102
- Trauma Informed Care
- Building Trauma Informed Spaces
- Trauma Focused Group Intervention (with Learning Collaborative)
- Trauma Informed Self Care, Vicarious Trauma, & Secondary Trauma
We believe creating trauma-informed environments for children will help them feel safe and understood and set our youth up for success.
To schedule a training session or to learn more, contact us at [email protected].